About Me

Proud WAHM (work-at-home mom), family woman, a bookworm, a relentless learner, self-confessed coffee addict, a spiritual person, and a firm believer that life is short, therefore, it must be lived to the fullest every single day.

When I think of Expensive Coffee and Shopping

I am a coffee fan.

I don't go to Starbucks or any other coffee shop just because it creates a 'cool' image of me. I go to coffee shops because I need my coffee fix. Plain and simple. So I am as enthusiastic to drink brewed coffee from Dunkin Donuts as I am about drinking a cup of peppermint mocha from Starbucks. There's quite some difference with the taste of course, and the ambiance, but it's coffee all the same. :)

Anyway, this morning, I went to Greenbelt with my family (I also don't get it when people say 'fam' instead of family. Sorry, I'm maarte with things like that.). Hubby met up with some of his long-time friends from where we used to work. He tagged me and Keisha along because he knows I love Landmark.

So, I had my coffee fix that morning at Starbucks while we were waiting for hubby's friends. :) And Keisha...well... Keisha had her first taste of an expensive drink, the strawberries and cream frap, and I think she loved it (because she wouldn't stop drinking it. Had to literally pry her fingers from her strong hold on the cup). I got myself a few sips, it kinda tasted like Potchi. :) No wonder Keisha enjoyed it. Hehe. And oh, the drink wasn't for Keisha of course (ano sya masaya? :) ), it was for Ate Helen. 

While we were there, I made a decision. We would never make going to Starbucks a family habit. I mean no offense to families who do... but I think there are better places where families can actually enjoy time together, especially if they're going with kids who aren't old enough to indulge in coffee. There are better places for juice. And there's frozen yogurt. :)

Anyway... after that and lunch, I went to my shopping haven in Makati...the Landmark. Nope, not Greenbelt (too expensive) or Glorietta (choices there are too limited now. :( ) or Rockwell. I love the Landmark because of their many inexpensive product choices, especially for women's and kid's stuff. As much as I want branded toys and clothes and shoes for my little one... I feel that she outgrows all that in a matter of weeks, so why buy a top for 700 pesos when I can get one for 200? :) I can spend the rest of the change on milk pa. Hehe. Pero kung bibigyan sya ng branded, wala naman problema. Kasi ginusto yon ng nagbigay. :)

My only problem with Landmark is, dahil mura nga, I felt so tempted to buy so many stuff. So what I do is, walk around with the stuff I chose, and ponder on whether it's a practical choice or not. After probably an hour of walking around with them,  if I can't let the item go, that means they're worth buying. Usually I start off with 10 items, and I end up buying only half of the stash.

So proud to be able to exercise self control on shopping. Ang hirap non ah! :) And it's not because we don't have the money for it, we just don't budget that much for it dahil mahirap masanay.

Money comes and goes nowadays, it's just so crazy. So if you can be happy with simple things, then that's way better than being satisfied only with pricey stuff. The latter is happiness that's way too magastos to maintain. Hehe.

I won't be hypocritical and say I don't want expensive things. I mean, who doesn't? I can't deny the fact that there really are expensive stuff that are worth buying. But most of the time, mas madami yung meron namang less expensive alternative. :)


So, although life is short, we shouldn't really go around spending money like there's no tomorrow.  Because most likely, there will be a next day. And mas mahirap tumulala. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment